Driving with Tests

I admit I am not a strict TDD developer. I write my logic first, and then move on to writing tests wherever I feel its applicable. It works for (at least until now), and looks right to me. This year I have put down an objective for myself to be a bit more strict in this area. I would want to start any feature implementation by writing its tests first and then get the code done, thus driving with tests. As a start, I did a small piece of functionality with this approach, and, I actually enjoyed it. I mean I enjoyed it so much that I was supposed to leave office early to get somewhere, I actually postponed it to complete my TDD approach. Sweet!(Umm that’s geeky, I know I know…) I had heard several experts saying that once you get onto the wagon of TDD, it would be the feel the most appropriate thing to do and would be hard to get off it.

I would suggest folks like me out there to give it a shot, make a task in your Outlook (or Lotus Notes, good bless you in that case!) to implement at least one teeny tiny feature with TDD approach. I think you would appreciate it. And if not, well… no one is stopping you from the Gung-Ho style Winking smile.

Happy Programming!

Abhang Rane


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment...